The position of machine shop lead manages employees and work flow through the machine shop.
· Setup and operate all equipment used in the production process, or assist other machine operators; able to optimize cutting parameters on any machine.
· Looking ahead at jobs to assure proper tooling and fixtures are available for each job.
· Program CNC equipment using Mastercam software and teach others.
· Be able to program Prototrak equipment and teach others.
· Prepare product for movement to next department.
· Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task. Identify potential issues and take corrective action. Involve appropriate staff when necessary.
· Work with team members and Engineers to problem solve and to maximize productivity and efficiency.
· Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually, or using lift truck.
· Main contact between department and Engineers/Management to continuously keep department organized and producing quality product.
· Report on department statistics when necessary.
· Schedule staff and jobs with understanding of 1st and 2nd shift requirements.
· Work autonomously or within the group.
· Proficient with all equipment in the area and be able to perform basic machine repairs.
Quality & Training
· Understand requirements of all jobs to assure quality, accurate quantity and on-time production.
· Participate in quality initiatives when applicable.
· Train new department members (within and recognizing their capabilities) in all areas of the machine shop.
Maintenance and Safety
· Follow company policy pertaining to maintenance and safety requirements.
· Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
· Maintain a clean environment and organized at all times.
· Report any downed machines, safety violations or accidents through proper channels.
Skills, Qualifications & Requirements:
· Knowledgeable in all aspects of machine shop equipment, fixturing and metal cutting.
· Ability to read and comprehend blue prints and spot errors or missing information.
· Ability to setup and inspect parts using all tools available.
· Work in fast paced environment with fast changing priorities.
· Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance.
· Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills including trigonometry.
· Ability to use all machine shop equipment and be able to train others for setup and operation.
· Flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work as well as some OT and weekend work.
· Strong team player and reliable.
· High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
· Sitting, Standing, Lifting