Summary Develop software based part programs for various Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) or other Computer Aided Inspection (CAI) systems based on customer or internal Paradigm specifications. Assist Manufacturing and Quality Engineers (ME/QE) to determine best practice inspection methods for potential (CAI) processes. Train and mentor inspection personnel on equipment setup and operation. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop software inspection programs which are intended for repeated use to inspect geometrically defined components.
• Validate software inspection programs in accordance with Paradigm procedures.
• Work directly with ME/QE resources to determine inspection criteria as well as best practice inspection techniques.
• Operate measurement equipment to perform machine trials on newly developed part programs and prepare them for machine readiness.
• Develop custom inspection data reports based on specific customer or engineering requests.
• Interfaces directly with the ME/QE or manufacturing personnel to accurately explain measurement data obtained from the inspection process in order to provide clear assessment of inspection results.
• Train inspection personnel on correct usage of (CAI) equipment, part programs, and maintenance.
• Maintain compliance with Paradigm Precision program development, change management, and validation procedures and best practices. Supervisory Responsibilities The job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works efficiently as a (CMM Programmer) in an offline (engineering) environment using CAD models.
• Understands Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance concepts (of ASME Y14.5:2009 & ISO 1101:2012) and is able to appropriately apply the techniques to the inspection process.
• Thoroughly understands inspection concepts and is able to determine suitable approach based on geometric definition.
• Proficient in general computer concepts and has experience using Microsoft Windows based products.
• Proficient in CMM techniques and application.
• Knowledge and ability to program CMM’s using LK-Cameo, PC-DMIS as a minimum and Working knowledge of PM2 & Polyworks for Ferro Arm and Metronics Qudara Check (QC5000) software preferred.
• Ability to read, understands, and interprets blueprints and other technical documentation.
• Strong mathematical skills and experience with solving simple trigonometry based formulas.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, CNC equipment, quality standards and rework processes.
• Experience with quality systems and their application • Must have problem solving skills and work well under quick turnaround production demands. • May be required to work a varied schedule as needed which may include evenings and week-ends. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit
• use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
• May occasionally list or move up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required.
• The employee is occasionally needed to climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Acknowledgements
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor